Does it really matter the way we dress has an impact in around us?
There is a phrase “dress for success,” yes! Dress for success. You can ask me how? Okay! What is the first thing that you notice when you meet a new person? I say how he/she is got dressed. So it means that” It really matters the way we dress and has an impact around us.
Why don’t you try getting dressed up tomorrow when you go to the office unlike how you go on weekends and you’ll go through the following:
- You feel active and energetic
- Receive compliments on how sharp you look
- Feel important because your attire is so much fancier than what you wear on the weekends.
Who don’t like compliments? All this result in having a pleasant state of mind which thus helps you work more than you usually do. And now you have got science supporting the feel.
There have been studies on how clothing affects performance. Many of us wonder why different professions have different outfits! The answer is right here: it becomes easy for us to identify the work an individual does.
There is a uniform for workers in the factory or hospital or an NGO which shows that they work for one! Whereas a CA or a speaker or business person dress up in formals or in a blazer that keeps them unique, bold and different from the rest
Did you ever notice a person in blazer doing random things like others do? By random things, I mean getting down the line of what they are supposed to do. Same goes along with other professions.
Scientific Reasons behind dressing sense?
And now you’ve got the science to back that feeling up. As a recent Science of Us article points out, there have been past studies on how clothing affects performance.
For example, the Scientific American highlights studies proving more formal outfits lead to higher abstract thinking, that wearing a lab coat like a doctor can make you focus better, and that wearing the colour red leads athletes to lift a heavier amount of weight (as opposed to wearing the colour blue—who knew?). The point is, what you wear matters.
Tips to follow while attending interviews must-read for today’s young generation:
If you are talking about these aspects, then we would definitely recommend talking about managing their finance, here are few tips ( Mentoring Kids on assets )
There are a few things to be kept in mind apart from having a good outfit which many of the young generation going in search of jobs aren’t aware of. They are:
- Putting perfume which is mild, never forget to carry a perfume bottle with you.
- Have a good haircut or tie your hair well unlike leaving it messy.
- Make sure you attend your nails and have them nice and tidy. Applies for both men and women.
- Polish your shoes. This is just because a man’s character can be defined based on his shoes.
- Don’t wear too much of accessories. Play it simple and be cool.
- Apply a good amount of cream and girls- lipstick.
- It’s never too late to have a smile on your face rather than having a start face during the interactions.
- All of these are noted but are rarely said and implemented. So please follow these as guidelines and perform better in your daily life.
This doesn’t mean you get dressed well when you want an extra boost. The Science of us also cites a study stating that dressing down when your office is a normally formal setting can also lead to higher productivity and give off the impression that you are better at your job than others.
By this article, I thought of coming up with points which I have personally noticed that people think secondary and don’t put many efforts on. It is only you who knows how your workplace/college is, but if there’s one thing this study emphasizes, it’s that clothes matter when it comes to how you feel.
So, if you have a bit of flexibility with work attire, choose your favorite accessory or outfit when you need a confidence boost, even if it’s not “typical” in your office. It could make all the difference.