In this article, we will go through the process of changing modifying the number of rows while displaying for a particular table. As a standard within SQL Server Management Studio 2014, for a particular table user will be able to edit only Top 200 Rows.
The complete SQL Bootcamp will help you master your SQL skills very easily.
But one can change this setting and we will go through the process of modifying in this article.
- Open up SQL server management studio 2014
- Go into the Database and specific table where you want to modify the value.
- Right click on the table, it will show you the standard option of edit top 200 rows
- Go into Tools (it is available in header section of SSMS 2014)
- Sub menu will appear
- Click on “Options” to continue
- More options are displayed on the screen.
- One has to click on “SQL Server Object Explorer”
- On right-hand side look for Table and View options
- Enter desired value that you want to Edit for a table and click on Save.
For this article, we have keyed in 2000, see below screen shot
Go back to the table name and right click and see the modified value.
Hope this helps, please comment below if this article has helped you.