How to travel cheap with ride-sharing services using Google Maps ?
We have witnessed a huge transformation in terms of how people commute from one place to another and those were days where one would rely on public transport ( buses, trains) and personal transports but taxi services.
But using private taxi’s services has been a problem in many aspects and lately, many ridesharing applications got into the picture to neutralise these pain points for the customers and provide a quality and safety ride from point A to point B.
Over few years we have witnessed a lot of ridesharing apps evolved in the market like Uber, Lyft, Ola, Grab etc. These companies have intruded into the private taxi market and started providing more comfort and safe rides to the customers.
Having these apps makes the transportation available at fingertips and one doesn’t have to worry about getting from one to place to another at any point of time during the day or night.
How to save money using ridesharing applications?
If you are one of those individuals who use a lot of transport services then this will definitely help you some extra bucks and end up buying something good for yourself or the family or invest the savings to start a new hobby.
All you need is a smartphone (iPhone 7 Review) and have the ridesharing applications installed on your mobile applications. It is not a problem if you don’t have any of these applications installed on the mobile phone.
The following process will help you install the applications and also help you get your transportation sorted out with a discounted price, great right?.
Install latest Google Maps application, if you have already installed the application on your mobile phone then please make sure it has an updated version. (How to use Google Maps Offline)
If you are an android mobile phone user then you can download the app from the link
If you are an iPhone mobile phone user then you can download the app from the link
If you are a windows mobile phone user then you can download the app from the link
Steps to follow :
- Once you have downloaded the application, sign into the application using your Gmail account. Once you have logged into the application, make sure you have turned on your GPS setting so that the application can identify your current location.
- Key in your desired location that you are willing to travel.
- Once the information is keyed into the application, it will calculate the distance and it will start showing time frames that it will take you to reach the appropriate destination.
- The time frame does change based on the means of transportation, i.e. you will have a different time displayed based on your selection (Walk, Car, Bus, Train etc).
- Click on the little man icon carrying a suitcase.
- Within this tab, an individual can see all the ridesharing apps that are integrated with Google Maps.
- All the fares are pre-calculated based on the ride-sharing apps and one can compare the fares in real time.
- If they are happy with the price they can book a reservation by tapping on the desired ride.
- If the individual has the ridesharing applications has already been installed then the individual will be able to book the reservations straight up and wait for the ride to arrive.
- If the individual doesn’t have the ridesharing applications installed then the individual will be redirected to the download the application and then book the reservation.
- All this process is simple and straightforward.
Advantages of using these type of Applications:
Having to sort out a ride in the middle of the night was a nightmare before but now having these apps, it is just a few taps away if you are using their user-friendly mobile applications. If you are not a user of these applications then I would definitely recommend these. This is a boon for a traveller like me because I can always be assured that at no point or the other I have a trust that I will find a ride back where I want to go.
Well, it is obviously cheap if you are looking at multiple service providers who are into transporting from point A to point B. If you are planning to travel somewhere I would suggest to take a look at the destination and check the fares for these ridesharing applications and always opt for the ones which have lesser price estimated. If you are travelling in peak hours I would suggest looking at the ride estimates few times so that it may show a better price if you are lucky.
Imagine booking a taxi over the phone and giving out the directions for the driver to pick you up is a nightmare and it is called the old school. Thanks to the ridesharing apps as this has been completely modernised and all you have to do is give your destination location.
All of this is happening in the span of 20-30 seconds, pretty cool right!
They have reward programs going on the whole where they give away some discount whenever a friend or relative of yours have used their service using your referral code. If you are not using any of these applications, please use below codes to avail exclusive discounts.
My Referral Link
Krishna has given you an FREE Uber ride (up to $15). Claim your free gift from here