How to save YouTube videos for free and watch offline
Yes, you can download videos for free, this article will walk you through step by step process.
Most of us on a daily basis go to YouTube to either listen/watch to music/shows or to learn something new. Well, for you to enjoy un-interrupted services one must have an active internet connection or should be hooked to a Wi-Fi connection.
Well if you are addicted to spending time on YouTube and don’t have the mobile network or Wi-Fi connection. Don’t worry anymore because YouTube has launched their “Offline” services so that you can download few videos and watch it at the later point of the time. Yes, you can download the videos for free and watch offline later
Prerequisites to use YouTube Offline
- One should have a smartphone with considerable amount of space
- One should download YouTube application and should be updated to the current version
- One should have mobile internet connection (preferably 3G or 4G connections)
- One should have an active Gmail account and it should be linked to your “YouTube” account
How to use YouTube Offline:
- To use the option, one has to tap into the YouTube application.
- Your home screen displays information about the email id that is been used to log into the application.
- On the screen, you get to see different options
- Click on Settings option, on the screen to proceed
How to enable Offline mode within YouTube:
- Once you are on the Settings screen, you will be able to Turn On or Turn Off “Offline” mode by toggling ON/OFF button. It is available in the top right-hand corner.
- Download options: You will be able to determine the download options so that one can effectively utilize their mobile data.
- Based on your phone memory/ SD card memory, YouTube application will show you the leftover memory space.
How to download Videos from YouTube App:
Based on your browsing, if you want to save any videos, you get to see a downward arrow next to the video title. The user has tap on download button and the video will be downloaded.
How to view Downloaded Videos from YouTube App:
- For you to access these videos, one has to make sure that their Status is turned on for “Offline” mode. Based on this mode all available videos are displayed.
- Once you tap on Available videos, a list of all videos are displayed and the user will have an option to play the videos by click on “Play” button.
How to remove an existing video from the log:
The user has to tap on the three dots and this will open up an option where the user will be able to delete the video from the log. A confirmation popup will appear for the user to confirm. Based on the option selected video will be removed from the list and left over memory space is refreshed.
Using this option has definitely made my travel entertaining. I was able to save few videos that I watched during my late night bus travels and also I didn’t notice the time. If you have a smartphone and you travel a lot, we recommend you to try this as well.
Share your thoughts and let us know whether it was helpful or not